Saturday, August 25, 2007

Just for fun meme

A fun meme from tenseteacher. She is the queen of memes! Steal it if you want to or just leave me a comment with your answers. Enjoy!

1. When was the last time you washed your hair?
Yesterday at 5:50 a.m. Ugh! Do I really get up that early?!

2.What were you doing at 8 o’clock this morning?
Sleeping - was up multiple times during the night to watch the lightning show.

3. What were you doing 15 minutes ago?
Reading and commenting on my favorite blogs.

4. Are you any good at math?
Yes, but I don't use it very much in my job.

5. Are you mad at anyone right now?
Irritated -yes, but not mad at them.

6. Do you know the words to your current favorite song?
Yes, but I sing off key!

7. Last thing received in mail?
Southern Living magazine.

8. How many different drinks have you had today?
Two - water, to take meds with and coffee with fat-free hazelnut creamer. Yum!

9. Do you ever leave messages on people’s answering machine?
Only if it's important and I want them to call me back. Usually, I'll just try reach the person later. I'm not much for talking on the phone - usually just my parents, brother and hubby. I mostly "talk" via email, IM & blogs.

10. Any plans for tonight?
Haven't thought that far, yet. I rented some movies yesterday, so maybe do a homemade pizza and movie night.

11. Do you draw your name in the sand when you go to the beach?
Not only my name, but hubby's and the kids. We love the beach.

12. What’s the most painful dental procedure you’ve had?
Having my lower wisdom teeth taken out at 16 by my dentist w/o the luxury of being put under, just novacaine. I remember my chin touching my breast bone and the dentist asking my mom if she wanted to watch. She said "no." I looked like a chipmunk for two weeks. I had my upper wisdom teeth removed by an oral surgeon, much more pleasant.

13. What’s outside your front door?
Four flower pots - 2 with dwarf Alberta spruces underplanted w/ red verbena; 2 (well, actually 1 'cuz the flowers died in the other pot) w/pink flowers that I don't remember the name of. It's been so hot that all of my potted plants are dying, no matter how much I water them. Just hope that I can nurse the spruces along - I've had them for years.

14. Do you have plans on Friday?
Last night (Friday), I hosted book club at my house. We had chicken salad on croissants, fruit salad and cheesecake. Essentially, it's a GNO w/o having to deal with the crowded restaurants. :) Haven't thought ahead to next Friday (Labor Day weekend).

15. Do you like the ocean?
Love it!!! We go every year for a week to NC, but I think that we're going to start making little trips to the Gulf Coast since we've never been and we live 6 hours from it.

16. Have you ever received one of those big tins of 3 different popcorns?
Ummm...not that I can remember.

17. Have you ever been to a planetarium?
Yes, I went when I lived in Aurora, CO. It was great fun!

18. Something you are excited about?
My brother and his wife are coming for Thanksgiving. They haven't been to our 'new' house, yet.
19. Who around you has the most problems?
I think that we all are saddled with something, but no one stands out with having the most.

20. Are any of your great-grandparents still alive?
No
21. Describe your love life.
Fabulous! Sometimes life interrupts it, but we always make time for us.

22. When was the last time you spoke in front of a large group of people?
Do parents in the school lobby count? If so, everyday. If not, sometime last year.

23. Do you like anyone right now?
Hubby!

24. What was the weather like on your birthday?
Ya know...I don't remember it was 6 months ago. I could guess and say cold and dreary, as it usually is in February.

25. Do you sleep with the door open or closed at night?
Open - the bedroom gets too stuffy if the door is closed.

26. If you could change your name, what would it be?
I wouldn't - I like my name because I use it as is or I can shorten it. You know - Christine, Chris or Christy, but NEVER, NEVER, NEVER Chrissy (I despise that name).

27. Do you like your middle name?
Yes, I just wish I'd have thought to use it as my daughter's middle name.

28. Who are you thinking about right now?
Hubby - he's working the garage on his hobby car and hoping the welder sparks don't ignite anything. He did that a couple of weeks ago and unintentionally melted the lid to the big, green trash can because of a smoldering curtain (long story that I really don't understand).

29. Do you consider your best friends family?
Yes!

30. Favorite foods?
I like lots of things, but here are a some of my favorites: dark chocolate, of course; cucumbers, nectarines, fresh tomato-basil bruschetta, popcorn, my Mom's Mexican Meat Mix, cheesecake...and much more. As a side note - I don't care for fried foods or corn, mainly because they upset my stomach.

Have a relaxing weekend! I'm planning to. :)

2 comments:

saintseester said...

Tense is definitely the queen of meme.

Off topic: but isn't all this rain wonderful?

azn8tive said...

Yes! We received at least 3 inches here at our house Friday night.