Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Sucker for books!

That's me!!! I love to read and currently have a stack of 8 books on my end table just waiting to be read. The only problem is I like to surf the net and play on the computer,too. It eats into valuable reading time. Decisions, decisions. I've tried reading books online, but it's just NOT the same as holding a book and turning the pages. Besides, my eyesight can't take the strain of reading online.

*note to self: must mention needing reading glasses at next eye exam.

Damn...that probably means bifocals or **shudder** trifocals. I'm getting old.

Funny thing is the last time I went in to see the eye doc, he mentioned the fact that since I was approaching that magical age of 40 that I would most likely need reading glasses. Guess what...he's probably right - my arms aren't long enough anymore.

Anyway, back to books. I love to read historical fiction, especially those about Henry VIII and all of his wives. I don't know why that facinates me, but it does. I've got a couple of books written by a mom-daughter team from Northwestern AL - haven't started them yet. Just finished "Gods in Alabama" - it was pretty good and the ending was not at all like I expected it to be. I've got the next installment in our book club - The Illuminator, which looks to be pretty good. Ooohhhh...and since my book club turn is coming up soon, I've already picked out my selection. Shhh...it's a secret. ;) I'm so excited about that. I hope everyone enjoys it since it's a subject we haven't read about.

Well...I'm off to bury my nose in a book.

3 comments:

saintseester said...

Have you done the book meme from this week? It was a good one.

I've got my book club turn coming up after M. I have no idea what I am pickin'

azn8tive said...

No, I haven't done the book meme. Need to do that. :)

Dejoni said...

I also have books on my nightstand that I am waiting to read...seven to be exact. I am to busy playing on the net to get it done.