Saturday, August 30, 2008

My favorite seasons

It's my favorite season(s), fall and football.

Why fall you may ask? It's because I love the changing colors, crisp mornings (well, in a few weeks here), the kids going back to school and FOOTBALL.

This weekend kicks off the start of college football. While my absolute favorite team to watch is the Arizona State Sun Devils, I don't get to see them that often as I live in SEC country. My other favorite team is the Tennessee Volunteers - what?! The reason for this is when Hubby and I moved to No. AL in 1990, I was asked by everyone that I worked with who I was for Alabama or Auburn. Not being a fan of either, I had to think up something quick, so I chose the Vols. My answer seem to pacify my co-workers. I was thrilled that I didn't have to pick sides. Ha! As the years passed, I really did become a Vols fan. I loved to watch Peyton Manning play (still do).

So, cheer on your favorite teams. Enjoy this first weekend of football!

P.S. Wasn't the VA Tech/East Carolina game a hoot?!

No comments: