Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Sigh...

There are days I wish that my almost-16 year old daughter was a toddler. At least then she didn't argue, cop an attitude all the time, I could put her down for a nap when she really needed it or just hold her until she calmed down. Alas, I must learn to deal with the wild mood swings and I'm not doing a very good job at it right now. I don't remember having such mood swings, although, I'm sure that I had my fair share of them.

But, my goodness! I get whiplash just talking to her sometimes.

I know that I've only got her at home for a few more years, so I will do my best to handle the swings. Hopefully, I'll get better at it.

But right now...

I'm feeling a little overwhelmed.

4 comments:

Dejoni said...

Love the new banner. Beautiful!
I feel for you on the teenage angst thing...mine is starting and I keep wondering where in the heck the attitude came from? It's not like she got it from me! LOL!
Just think, they say you will miss this one day....

azn8tive said...

Thanks! Cardinals are one of my favorites and my mom sent the pic, so I thought I'd incorporate it into the blog.

There are days that she's the sweetest young lady and then she does the Jekyll/Hyde thing on me.

I keep reminding myself of that.

Big Pissy said...

I love the new banner too! :)

....as for the teenage girl mood swings? I survived it; you will too!

Just keep reminding yourself of that. ;-)

azn8tive said...

Pissy ~

Thanks so much!!! I know that I'll survive it, but some days are REALLY difficult.

Thanks for the pep talk! :)