Tuesday, October 24, 2017

2017...in a nutshell, so far

This past year has been a rollercoaster year.

  • 2017 began with me flying out to Arizona in January to help care for my very ill father, which I will discuss in a later post. 
  • Losing the entire month of March to a nasty sinus infection
  • April began with me traveling again to AZ to help Mom with Dad. Our daughter began her new job in mid-April. We are so proud of her. It ended with our son graduating cum laude from Jacksonville State University with a B.S. in Computer Science and minors in Math and Physics. It was a very proud moment for Hubby and I.
  • May saw hubby and I spending 10 days at the beach. Best vacation yet!!! Our son landed a job with an excellent company and began work on his birthday. Now, he'll always remember his work anniversary. 
  • After landing his job and finding the perfect apartment, we helped our son moved into his apartment in June. Now, officially an adult...working and paying his own way.
  • July was quiet.
  • The beginning of August was crazy and crazy hot. So, of course, it was the perfect time to move our daughter into her apartment. I didn't want to climb stairs for quite a few days after we got her moved in. She loves it and is happy, so we're happy.
  • September...was pretty quiet. 
  • October has been the month of doctors appointments, starting a round of hormones and setting a date for surgery. It's nothing serious, just something that will make my life a little easier. I hope. Then the other day, I let someone get under my skin and I lashed out (the hormones make me a little irrational sometimes). I knew better than to let this person bait me, as they've done it before and I let it slide. Well, not this time. I said some truly mean things and feel horrible for it. I'd like to apologize, however, I don't believe they will even listen. Maybe with a little time, I'll be able to send my apology.
  • Waiting to see what November and December hold for me and my family.
Until next time...


No comments: