Monday, May 18, 2009

Whew!

It's gonna be a busy week.

It is not the last week of school because, unfortunately, we have to go two additional days next week due to the H1N1 fiasco. Oh well, it could be worse...we could be going until June 2nd.

At work, I've got a computer lab to prep for summer break (primary job) and report cards/attendance stuff to do (secondary job that I'm not getting compensated for) all before Friday at 2:30.

I'd much rather be at home getting ready for my parents' visit and hanging with my kids, who by the way will be finished with school Thursday morning. The boy graduates from 8th grade Thursday morning and has been told by the principal that he doesn't want to see any of the 8th graders at school after graduation. Sweet!!! The girl is exempt from finals, which are Thursday and Friday morning. Essentially after Wednesday, my kids are done with school and I see no need to send them back for the 2 make-up days (aka - enrichment days or free babysitting). I, on the other hand, have to go back for the make-up days even if I'm only working 'til 10:30am both days.

I'm really looking forward to summer break. I've got several projects I want to tackle, but I'm not going to be overzealous trying to get them completed. In addition to the projects and my parents' visit, we're hitting the beach for a much needed vacation and then just hanging at home until school starts again in August. But, I'm not thinking about that right now. :D

So...what are your summer plans?

No comments: