Saturday, June 6, 2009

*Sigh*

I'm finding pleasure in the mundane today.

It's been a wonderful day. Hubby and I went to Costco to pick up a few items, but other than that, we've been hanging at home.

I find that I'm most at peace when I'm home. I thoroughly enjoy putzing around the house doing a little of this and that. It doesn't take much to make me happy.

I believe that this is why I'm ready to be a SAHM again. This past school year has been a true test of my patience and abilities. While I enjoy being part of the hustle and bustle that is school, I have not enjoyed being pulled in 100s of different directions.

It is time for a change.

I am ready.

This fall, I will not be returning to the elementary school where I have worked for the past three years. I'm going to spend it preparing for my new job in January, which will be that of nanny (in my home) for a dear friend who is having twins in September. What better job than to get paid for staying home and caring for two little angels. The best part is since my friend is a teacher I will have the same schedule that I have now. I'm so excited.

Wish me luck in this new endeavor that I'm about to embark upon (it's been quite awhile since I've had little ones in the house). :)

3 comments:

constancecomments said...

I love babies and it sounds like you'll have fun. And be busy. Very busy! Your friend is lucky to have someone to trust with her babies.

Who could ask for a better schedule?

Dejoni said...

Good for you!!! I know you've been trying to decide what to do and I'm glad that you've figured out what's best. What a great situation for you and your friend.

azn8tive said...

Thanks, Dejoni!

Yes, I've been struggling with this situation since January when I took on several stressful responsibilities. By the end of the school year, it had gotten to the point where I hated getting up for work and that's just not me.

I am so looking forward to this new endeavor. :)