Monday, August 16, 2010

Week in review...

The past week has been a rollercoaster of emotions for me.

Last Monday, a couple of big things happened. It was the first day back to school for my kids. It still hasn't sunk in that this is my oldest's last year of high school. All in all, it went quite well for both of my kids. It, also, was the day I learned that the wife of my husband's co-worker (who is also a friend) is missing and hasn't been heard from since the afternoon of Friday, August 6th. This distresses me very much. While I don't know all of the details (and I don't really want to), I am struggling to understand how one could leave and not say anything to anyone. Her husband and three boys (all of whom are grown and out of the house) are beside themselves with worry. All they want is just to know that she's okay.

Tuesday...my Dad traveled to Mesa to have another colonoscopy done. Nothing unusual in this except that this one was done at the 3 year mark instead of the 5 year mark. Apparently, a test of a polyp came back abnormal. Everything was okay this time, but I still worry. See...my dad had colon cancer in 1984 and, at the time, was given less than 5 years. He beat that by a long shot!!!

That same evening, Hubby and I went to a tasting for Maker's Mark 46. It wasn't what we expected it to be. I suppose we're spoiled since we were able to take part in the purchase of a single-barrel of JD. But...hey, who can say no to free food and beverages, right?!

For the most part, the rest of the week went smoothly. The kids finished their first week. Yay!!! Still no word on my missing friend.

Spoke to my parents, again on Friday evening. My dad let it slip that they were going back to Mesa on Monday (8/16) for a CT and PET scan because his doctor saw something in his bloodwork that she didn't like. Mom wasn't going to say anything until they got the results back because she didn't want to worry me. I'm glad that I know ahead of time, but it still doesn't make me worry any less. They probably won't have any results until mid-late week.

Saturday was family-time. Just the four of us...which hasn't happened since our beach trip in June. We had a great day...took the girl to order her cap/gown, had mexican for lunch, upgraded a game reserve for the boy, took a much-needed nap and spent the evening watching movies.

A very nice end to a rather crazy week.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Sounds like you have quite a lot going on, but that is usually how it happens to me. When it rains it pours. I will send up a prayer for your Dad.

azn8tive said...

Yes, this is the way it is for me, too. Feast or famine...very rarely in between.

Thank you for the prayers. I'm sure everything will be fine, but will keep everyone posted.

Bo said...

Hugs and prayers for your dad.

Oooh, I love Jack Daniel's Single Barrel.

azn8tive said...

Thanks, Bo! The results from the CT/PET scans came back normal. I suppose it's better to be safe than sorry.

Yes, that single barrel is some good stuff!