Monday, January 23, 2012

Rough night

I've been awake, off and on, since 2:15am this morning. Wondering if I can squeeze in a little nap this afternoon before Hubby and the boy get home. Maybe...

Storms, with tornado warnings, rolled through here between 2-3am. I'm thankful that we didn't lose power and could check to see where the storms were. Still...it's a little disconcerting to be awakened in the middle of the night to tornado sirens going off. We heard from our daughter at 4:50am to let us know that the sirens were going off in Jacksonville. She's fine, thank goodness!

Mind you, bad weather never used to bother me much. That is until April 27, 2011. I will never take severe weather warnings for granted again. Suffice it to say that losing power and not being able to keep an eye on the radar was nerve-wracking!!!

Thankfully, last night was nothing like that day in April here in No. Alabama. The same cannot be said for people living in Jefferson County. My thoughts and prayers are with those who were affected by last night's storms.

I'm hoping this isn't a precursor of our spring to come.

3 comments:

Dorothy said...

I live near Wichita KS and I am very use to tornados & bad weather. Our son-in-law called and said his nephew in Birmingham (or near there) had his home destroyed last night. How horrible for all down there. Glad you escaped the storms.

saintseester said...

I slept completely through it.David and Lizzie got up to check the radar,though.

Can you believe last year at near this time, we were buried under snow? Now, its 60 some degrees out.

azn8tive said...

Dorothy ~ Thank you! So sorry to hear about your son-in-law's nephew. From the reports coming out of Jefferson County...it was pretty bad last night.

'Seester - I heard the siren going off and Richard's phone was ringing at about 2:15a. Thankfully, Scott slept through it.

I know...what a difference a year makes. Though, I think I'd rather have snow than t-storms/tornadoes in January. It needs to quit raining for a while. Our backyard is really soggy!