Monday, May 20, 2013

Time Flies

It's been well over a year since I last blogged.  I must admit that I got caught up in the blur that is social media...i.e. Facebook and Twitter.  At the time, I thought it was much easier to post a quick blip on those sites rather than sit down a create a post on my blog and things were changing quite rapidly in my household during the last three quarters of 2012 through now.

Items of note:
  • Daughter decided that JSU wasn't for her and that she was going to move to Bellevue, NE, which she did in June 2012.
  • Daughter gets married in September 2012...surprised us, too.
  • Son starts Senior year of High School and we all know how crazy that is.
  • Marching Band's Fall 2012 Show - IRobot - was AWESOME!!!
  • Spent most of the Fall planning/organizing my in-laws 50th Anniversary Party long distance, no less.  Thank goodness that's over!
  • Daughter and SIL decide that marriage isn't for them and she moves to Portland, OR this Spring.
  • Son went to NY for his final Band trip and had a blast!
  • Hubby and I went to Orange Beach, AL for our anniversary and loved it!
  • May rolls around and we're gearing up for our son's 18th birthday and HS Graduation.
There you have it the last 14 months in a nutshell.

Once again, our lives are about to change in a major way with our son heading off to college in August and we will come home to an empty nest.  My goal of this blog is to chronicle how our lives will change and how I feel about all of these changes as my Hubby and I move into this new chapter of our lives. My hope is that you'll follow along on our new adventures.

No comments: