Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Whew! Made It...

I'm baaaaaack... Miss me?! Well, the family and I have been busily entertaining the grandparents for the weekend. All in all, it went very well. Took the MIL to my favorite nursery to add to my ever "growing" collection of perennials. (pun intended!) Now, if I could just get the guy with the pinestraw to call me back - I'd be in business. But I digress...

Sunday, we loaded up the mom-mobile and headed out to G'ville for a day at the lake - picnic and all. My hubby & I love to go to G'ville to the locks to watch the boats go through. The last time we were there we could go out on the walkway nearest the locks. Well...9/11 has changed all that. It didn't occur to us that the locks would be gated off w/entrance only for those with a security badge. Duh! The highlight of the afternoon was when the hubby & kids where checking out an abandoned building and out of nowhere comes this vulture landing on the metal roof making tons of noise. Hubby said daughter jumped out of her skin - mind you, she's 14 and much to cool to get scared, but... Man, wish I'd been there to see that (I was busy watching the birds fly around the locks). He thought it was hysterical. So, there you have it. My weekend in a nutshell. :)