Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Overwhelmed

That's how I've been lately. Every year I promise myself that I will not to try to do too much between Thanksgiving and Christmas. And every year, I break that promise. This year I had the added bonus of having my hubby travel to Italy for a week earlier this month. Ugh...though he did bring back some wonderfully decadent chocolate and wine!

Quite frankly, I'm exhausted. My family and I are so ready for Christmas Break. It starts Thursday. We are not planning to travel nor are we having company come in. I'm being selfish this year. It's just going to be the four of us and I'm really looking forward to it. We have a couple of parties to go to between now and New Year's, but that's all that we are planning to do. Time to catch up on some reading and movies that we've wanted to see. Now, we just need the Christmasy weather...well, as Christmasy as weather gets here in No. AL. That would make our Christmas break perfect.

We are all through with our Christmas shopping. The first time that we won't be running out on Christmas Eve to finish up. Although I haven't mailed our Christmas cards, all the packages have been mailed...let the fun begin.

Now, where's my cookbook. It's time for some serious cookie baking.

1 comment:

saintseester said...

I've been pretty laid back, that is until I realized that the weekend is HERE! I still have a lot of cleaning / laundry / baking to do, but I really don't fee like it.