Friday, June 20, 2008

Musings from the Garden

In honor of my friend, saintseester, I will post photos from around my garden each week. SS has inspired me with her weekly post: F-F Friday. She's a wonderful photographer, so I'll try not to embarrass her with mine.



A couple of years ago while perusing through my favorite nursery, I saw this daylily and just had to have it. It has a faint, but wonderful fragrance. The only downside is that when I take a cutting to enjoy indoors, the petals weep purple (blood?) liquid onto the counter. Hence, the name Bela Lugosi aka Dracula.

4 comments:

saintseester said...

What are you talking about? that is a beautiful shot. I love that daylily. I have got to get some more variety in my beds...

azn8tive said...

Thanks!

I'll be dividing some of mine next spring, including the Bela's. I'll bring you some if you're interested.

Dejoni said...

How beautiful! I have never seen these before.

azn8tive said...

dejoni ~ Thanks! BTW - I love reading your blog.