Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Swimming

Went over to the neighborhood pool today. It's been open since May 15th, but I haven't wanted to go over because it's been over run with children. I've noticed since we've been back that the usage has been minimal. I knew that would happen - just wait until the newness wears off is what I kept telling myself. See...I don't dig crowds especially when they are squealing and running around unsupervised.

Anyway...the kiddos and I wandered over to enjoy the new pool. Man, is it ever nice! I'm quite impressed with the layout and the furniture. The lounge chairs are some of the nicest I've ever seen and comfy, too. I like to go to the pool to lay out and get some sun, not really to swim (much to my kids dismay). So, that's what I did...for an hour before my kids said 'I'm bored.' Not me!

I told them that they could each have a friend over to swim later this week. They will stay at the pool for hours, which is a benefit to me because they are entertained and I can get in some serious sunbathing time.

Side note: Yes, I know that roasting oneself in the sun for hours on end is not good. I do, however, put on lots of sunscreen (not the baby oil I used as a teen) and become toasty brown.

1 comment:

saintseester said...

We all have our vices. LOL!

I've only managed one trip to the pool. D has taken the kids a few times. I was pretty sick the last week of may and most of the first week of june, so I have an excuse.

I have to stay in the shade though, you know me and my porcelain skin!