Wednesday, January 6, 2010

I didn't sign up for this...

extremely cold weather, that is.

Never in my wildest dreams did I ever imagine that Northern Alabama could be this cold. As a friend pointed out yesterday, Denver was warmer than we were. Ugh! I'm just thankful that we don't live in the upper Midwest because it has been FRIGID up there. Brrrrrr...

I suppose that we're due for this nasty cold as it's been 14 years since we've had a decent snow. In February 1996, we received eight inches of snow on top of 1/2" ice and were stuck at home for eight days. The local weather gurus are predicting anywhere from a dusting up to 3 inches of the white stuff. If it continues to stay this cold and we do get snow, it's gonna be around for several days.

So, here's to a decent snow and some hot chocolate. Now, where's my peppermint schnapps?!

4 comments:

saintseester said...

God, I remember that year, because I was stuck home for 8 days with a 3 month old colicky baby.

azn8tive said...

That was awful! That's the year I told Hubby there would be no more kids for us after being stuck in the house with a 3 yo and a 9 mo.

Michelle said...

They have cancelled school here for tomorrow, due to the impending storm. Tanks in the barn are full, extra milk in the fridge, fire in the woodstove....bring it on.

azn8tive said...

Farmchick - The schools did the same thing here. I didn't go by the grocery today, but I'll wager a guess that there's not a loaf of bread or gallon of milk to be found.

Just wish we had a wood-burning fireplace...that would make it perfect!