Friday, January 7, 2011

Starting the year off with a bang...potentially


Don'tcha just love it when the weather people use 'Potential' in conjunction with major weather events.

I'm not sure what to think of the weather forecast for this upcoming weekend. While I love a good snow storm as much as the next person, I don't relish the thought of being snowbound for more than a day or two. I start to get cabin fever. It's for that very reason that I don't live where snow happens all the time. Been there...done that...don't want to do it again.

I can just imagine what the local school systems are thinking...to close/cancel school or not. Unfortunately for us, our school system did not build in any weather days. So...any days we miss will have to be made up at the end of the year or on Saturdays. Looking at the forecast for next week, if we get any measurable snow, we could be out all week.

My kids are hoping for snow and lots of it. For them, I hope we get it.

Here's to lots of snow, snowmen, snowball fights and hot chocolate!!!

Happy Friday, everyone!

4 comments:

saintseester said...

We'll know the forecast is wrong if they make the call to close the schools before anything happens. I am buying some baking supplies just in case, though.

azn8tive said...

That is so true! I'm going to stop by the grocery after PT to pick up some baking things, too.

Michelle said...

I think our school built in about 5 days and we have used those already!! Great! Snow day for us again today and we still have February and March to go.

azn8tive said...

Ugh! I just heard that our school system has built in 2 snow days for next school year...great, but that doesn't help us this year. I'm thinking we're going to be out all next week, if the weather predictions hold.