Thursday, July 28, 2011

It's that time of year...

gearing up for school (college and high school) and marching season.

Have I mentioned how big our band is this year???

We are marching 227 strong.

Thank goodness I'm only outfitting 181.

Funny thing is...F3 day (forms, fee and fittings) was this past Saturday and we had to send 15-ish freshmen home without being fitted for their marching uniforms.

Why, you ask?

I have plenty of uniforms, just not in the correct sizes. Many of the uniforms on hand are teeny tiny!

I placed an order in late May for 30 additional coats, bibbers and shakos with the hope that they would be here by our first game. The manufacturer always gives the worst case scenario, but receiving an order confirmation with an estimated delivery date of October 28th has me FREAKING OUT! I know that it's out of my control now, but really...October 28th...our marching season is over that weekend.

I'm praying that everything arrives within the first couple of games.

*sigh

No comments: