Sunday, September 9, 2007

How I spent my Saturday

As earlier noted, I went to see Menopause the Musical with some friends from work. OMG - I haven't laughed that hard in a long time. While I'm not experiencing any menopausal symptoms just yet, I could definitely relate to a lot of what was talked about - memory loss (I call it the Mommy syndrome), the occasional hot flash and the desperate need to run to the ladies room. The thing I'm really not looking forward to is the night sweats. I really HATE to wake up all sweaty and gross. The audience was mostly women with a few BRAVE husbands/boyfriends sprinkled in. The actresses did a fantastic job - boy, they could sing! My friends and I were able to meet the actress that played Earth Mother after the show. She was really great and told us to spread the word.

I can't do the show justice by trying to review it - let's just say that if you are a woman 35-40+ and need a good laugh about the things we go through as we get older, you need to see this show. It's being performed here in town at the Merrimack Auditorium, which has been remodeled, through the end of September.

1 comment:

saintseester said...

I have the rare symptom of cold flashes; which, naturally are the opposite of hot flashes. I get so cold in the middle of the night that I have 2 quilts and still have to get up and put on a thick robe! Of course when it wears off, I am too hot under all that stuff.

It is truly the weirdest thing.