Monday, November 5, 2007

Must be doing something right...

I received a complement (sort of) today. One of my co-workers walked up to me as I was leaving my desk to go to lunch and said "I want to know how you've lost all your weight?" Ummm...dunno?! that's what I was thinking, but what I said was "I'm counting carbs and exercising." Upon which her response was "that's a lot of work" and a disgusted look. I guess I've finally figured out that winning the battle of the bulge is going to take some serious work/commitment and a change of lifestyle. That and watching my hubby getting fit by doing the same thing (he didn't have any weight to give up, mind you). He looks really good!!

I am much more active now than I ever was in my 20's and early 30's. I'm feeling the need to get into shape for my health and the fact that once I hit 40 it's even more difficult to get rid of the extra pounds. While I'm not aiming to get back to what I weighed at 23, I would like to be more fit and possibly come off the bp and cholesterol meds. As I said a couple of weeks ago, I'm on the countdown to 40 and I want to make a big difference in my health and appearance. It makes me feel really good that just the few changes I've made so far are actually working. Yippee!!!

1 comment:

Big Pissy said...

Yea!

That is SO awesome!

Congrats! :)