Thursday, January 31, 2008

Sick...Hate it!

I'm so tired of being sick or having sick children. Mind you, we don't get sick that often, so when it hits - it hits hard! Daughter came down with a fever and nasty cough over the weekend, then missed a day and half of school. Can't do that when the high school is on the block system. Then Son caught it yesterday and missed the afternoon & today. Can't do that, although, not as bad as Daughter missing classes. I've been trying to fight it off - unsuccessfully. So far, Hubby hasn't caught it. Thank goodness!

Whatever this crud is, it's running rampant through the schools - as is the flu.

And to top it off, the high school has an automated phone system that calls parents to let them know that their child missed one or more classes that particular day. Guess it's a godsend for those who have children that are chronic skippers. Thankfully, she isn't one of them.

I'll be glad when I can air out the house. Come on spring!

3 comments:

Big Pissy said...

everybody has had some form of crud or other lately. :(

hope y'all get better soon. :)

saintseester said...

I hope you feel better soon. This is starting to get a little "old," isn't it?

azn8tive said...

BP - Yes, everyone's got/had some form of this crud. I'm just thankful we've dodged the flu & strep, so far. Thanks for the well wishes.

SS - Yes, it's definitely "old." I'm feeling better, just would like to get rid of the cough - it's interrupting my beauty sleep. Glad to hear L is much better. :)