Friday, February 15, 2008

Yeah! It's Friday!

This has got to be the longest week. EVER! I'm not sure why, but I'm sure glad it's over. Well, here's one reason why...

We've been in limbo since late January at work, when our bookkeeper/secretary was moved to her new position. Not sure what the history is between her and my boss, but whatever it was it hit a climax just before Christmas. My first impressions of people are pretty spot on and mine of my former co-worker hit the nail on the head. While she was friendly to your face, there was something lurking underneath the surface. I could never put my finger on it, but I knew enough not to trust her implicitly. I had heard through the grapevine about her threats that she had access to all of our personal & confidential information and wasn't afraid to use it. That raised red flags right there. I was nice to her, but definitely kept my distance. Since she's been gone, I've heard that she isn't very happy in her new position. Maybe she should've learned not to bite the hand that feeds her.

The point of this post is that our new bookkeeper/secretary joined us yesterday. What my co-worker and I can't figure out is why our boss moved the bookkeeper's office half-way down the hall. Our boss wants us all to work as a team - well, when a third of the team isn't readily available it makes it difficult. Our BK/S is very sweet - I've been helping her learn how to receipt money that comes in daily (it was one of my duties while we were in limbo). Bless her heart - she's just been thrown into it and she's just a little overwhelmed. I'm hoping that all works out well and we can be the team that our boss wants us to be. I'm definitely going to give it the ol' college try.

Here's to new beginnings...3/4 of the way through the school year!

1 comment:

saintseester said...

Yes, I had a stress filled week, too that thankfully stopped being stressful yesterday. However, starting on Wed. I kept thinking it was Friday and was always disappointed.