Thursday, February 21, 2008

High School schedules

Today, Hubby and I had a meeting with the girl's TAP advisor to set up her sophomore year schedule. Mind you - I don't remember my parents going with me to select my classes during high school. I don't know how to explain a TAP advisor, except to say that it's kind of like a home room teacher that doesn't meet with her/his students every day.

It's really cool what classes today's high school students can take. Horticulture, zoology, marine biology - just to name a few. I'd have loved to be able to take those classes. Though - marine biology would've been a tough one considering I was living in Minnesota at the time.

We've set her up to graduate with an advanced diploma. If she stays on track, she will be able to take college courses at the high school during her senior year and be able to graduate early. She really likes that idea - I'm not sure that I'm ready for that, yet...

It's hard to believe that she's almost completed her first year of high school and that she'll be driving soon. Where has the time gone?!

1 comment:

Big Pissy said...

I SO remember those high school days with my daughters.

I loved every minuted of it.

Enjoy it while you can. :)