Thursday, May 22, 2008

Sigh...


Today, my son turned 13. Isn't he handsome?! Wait! I'm not old enough to have TWO teenagers. Oh, yeah - I am old enough. Hmpf!!!

He's been talking about his birthday since before Christmas - dropping not so subtle hints about an XBOX360. Earlier this month, we gave him the choice of a birthday party or an XBOX360. Guess what he chose?! Here he is playing it.


It's very strange to hear him talking and no one responding. He and his friends play HALO3 and chat over the internet.

Puberty has struck! For the last month, he's been lauding the fact that he is now taller than me. I'm 5'6" and he's 5'7.5". Not to mention that his voice has gotten substantially deeper, which he uses to scare me to death when I'm not paying attention. Actually, both of my children love to sneak up and scare the living daylights out of me. Guess I'm an easy target.

I've really enjoyed watching him grow into a young man. Over the last year, he has really matured and has started taking notice of his appearance. Guess shaving will be next on the milestone list. I am definitely NOT ready for that. My only hope is that he as he grows up, he won't outgrow telling his Mom goodnight or giving her a kiss before bed.

No comments: