Friday, September 19, 2008

Settling in...

I've just completed my second week in my new job. So far, so good. I'm really enjoying it. Especially the MUCH lower stress level - not having to deal with parents will do that. I have had several parents come tell me that they miss having me at the front desk, but understand why I moved. I don't think that if my former position opens back up that I'll go back. I like the freedom my new position affords me.

I need to educate myself on SMARTboards. There is one in every classroom, except mine and I'm in charge of the computer lab. I've played with a couple of them and they're a great idea, but the kids seem to think that they're toys. I've had to reboot one because a couple of kids were messing with it and locked the thing up. 'When all else fails, cycle power.' It worked...whew!

I'm using my downtime to learn about creating webpages, but I think writing code is a little beyond my scope of experience (and mental capacity). I'd like to get one up and running for my lab.

No comments: