Saturday, January 10, 2009

Change is blowing in the wind...

Things are getting ready to change at work. I'm not sure how it's all going to shake out.

In September, I took over the position of Computer Aide. I really enjoy it. Not only do I get to work with the kids in the Lab, but I'm also tutoring 4th grade students in Math and Reading. It's great to see how the light bulb comes on when we work one-on-one. But I still don't want to teach full-time. :)

What's going to change is...my dear friend, who is the registrar, will be taking a leave of absence to care for her mom. This makes me very sad! Anyway, our boss is planning NOT to post the position (which I can understand not wanting to interview everyone who would put in for it), but instead pull those of us who can do certain aspects of my friend's work to cover while she's out. Mind you, in these economic times, the job security is great. I'm not sure how our boss is going to pull it off. See...we have a co-worker who likes to stir up trouble and I wouldn't put it past her to do just that. As she's not a team player and would be required to do her part.

I know that this leave of absence is a relief to my friend. She's been under a lot of stress lately and really needs to take this time to take care of herself, as well as her mom. Thankfully, she has sisters who can help out, so that not all of the care-giving falls to her.

On a happier note...my friend is going to be a grandma for the first time. I'm so excited for her and her family!!!

No comments: