Sunday, January 11, 2009

What is that huge golden orb in the sky?

I believe it's the sun. I just saw it peak through the thick layer of gray clouds that have been hanging around all weekend.

It has been the 5 D's around here lately. For those of you who don't know what the 5 D's are - damp, dank, dark, dreary and dismal. It's a term the local weather "gurus" use here in the winter to describe the weather.

While I love rainy days, I don't particularly care for days (weeks) on end without any sunshine. I get cabin fever.

I suppose I should just suck it up because it's gonna be this way until at least March.

Hmmm...may I should invest in one of those SAD machines. You know...the ones that simulate sunlight.

2 comments:

Dejoni said...

The 5 D's are here too...and it's gonna be 19 degrees tomorrow. I need to move south...way south.
Let me know if those SAD lights work...I'll fill my whole house with them! LOL!

azn8tive said...

I saw where the low here on Friday morning is going to be 8! 8 degrees - I live in the South NOT frickin' MN/ND/SD,et al.