Sunday, February 8, 2009

Spring...

is in the air.

Well...at least for this weekend anyway.

Yesterday while running errands, the family and I stopped by my favorite nursery to see what they've started in their greenhouses. And look what I found...


rose scotch broom


moonlight scotch broom

I'm itching to get out and plant. However, I've learned from past experiences NOT to set out any type of plants, even perennials (like there are any available right now, anyway). This area has been known to have a late season freeze (i.e. April 2007).

I suppose I'll just have to entertain myself with perusing gardening websites and catalogs.

3 comments:

Dejoni said...

It's 70 degrees here today and I want to play in the dirt so bad but we have late freezes too. Learned that the hard way after losing $200 of Boston ferns on my front porch the first of May last year.

azn8tive said...

It was 70 here today, too. I'm loving this weather, but I know that it won't last long. We always seem to have some major cold snap in mid- to late-March.

Ugh! That would just make me sick. We had a really hard freeze the 1st week in April 2006 and it zapped everything that was blooming and/or leafing out. Thankfully, most everything I planted survived with the exception of the annuals I set out.

Terri said...

Oh, spring may be in the air, but WINTER is still hiding just out of sight waiting to blast us a few more times!! :-)