Thursday, February 12, 2009

WTF?

This makes me so mad I could spit nails! I have kept quite about this ever since the story first broke because I didn't have enough information to form an opinion. Not anymore!!!

What doctor/fertility clinic in their right minds would implant 8 embryos in the womb of an unmarried, unemployed, 33-year old woman, who already has SIX children via the same process?! It's unconscionable, not to mention STUPID!!!

I have several friends who are battling with infertility issues. This whole situation just has to frustrate them. I can understand if this woman was married and had problems becoming pregnant. She is none of those things, according to everything that I've read and heard. Even her own mother has said that this is irresponsible.

Thank goodness I do not live/work in California because I would be raising a stink with my Congressman and my local government about, as a taxpayer, having to support her and her children. I would also work to get the license of the fertility clinic and doctor revoked. It is my understanding that all doctors need to be board certified and follow a code of ethics, even if they are foreign educated. This is ethically irresponsible.

This whole situation is a lesson in irresponsibility for all parties concerned.

*getting down off my soapbox

4 comments:

Terri said...

Yep, I started screaming about it as soon as I heard it was artificial. Particularly given the fact that she already has SIX kids. It's not like she has a fertility issue going on.

Dejoni said...

This woman is CRAZY and we, the taxpayers are working and raising them. It's sad for the kids. Can you imagine having that for a mother???

azn8tive said...

Terri - It's ridiculous to think that some doctor allowed this to happen. Especially since all of the previous pregnancies were also IV. Ugh!!!

Dejoni - No, I can't imagine having her for a mother. There is no way that she'll be able to give those children the attention and love that they deserve.

Michelle said...

I am in total agreement with all of you on this issue. Three of her previous six children have disabilities. How she is going to manage is beyond me.