Thursday, July 23, 2009

Cobbler Queen

...that's me!

Over the past few weeks, I've made at least one a week.

The latest one, nectarine-blueberry cobbler, has to be the biggest hit.

Once every few months, Hubby has to bring in breakfast for the Thursday morning meeting. He's not a big fan of doughnuts and the only doughnut shop that his co-workers will eat at is Krispy Kreme. Ick!!! So, I offered (a while back) to make breakfast goodies for them. You'd think that these guys have never had home-cooked foods the way they inhale the stuff Hubby brings in.

Anyhoo...this week I decided that I'd break the mold of muffins & breakfast breads and send in a cobbler. Oh my!!! Hubby called me after the morning meeting to tell me that the cobbler was gone and there were only a few oatmeal-cranberry cookies left. Hubby even said that he liked the nectarine-blueberry combo better than plain blueberry.

Here's my recipe:

Fill a 9x13x3 baking dish half way with sliced (or chunked) nectarines, then add 2 cups fresh/frozen blueberries. Stir in 1.5 cups sugar (or to taste) and 4 tablespoons instant tapioca. Dot with butter and cover with a single pie crust rolled out to cover the pan completely. Prick pie crust to vent and bake @ 400 for 45-50 minutes.

Ciao!!!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

This sounds like a great recipe, thanks!

Bo said...

did you just say "ick" at Krispy Kreme?!

azn8tive said...

FC - You're welcome!

Bo - Yes, yes I did say "ick" at Krispy Kreme. I can't stand those things, but then again I'm not one much for doughnuts.