Monday, July 6, 2009

Relief

photo courtesy of wickerman@flicker.com

It's done...I've turned in my letter of resignation at school. It wasn't an easy decision for me because while I loved my job and my co-workers, I disliked being dumped on and how discipline issues were handled.

I am going to enjoy the next few months (my favorite time of year, late summer and fall) getting ready for my new endeavor. I will be taking care of a co-worker's twins beginning in January. I'll have the same schedule as I did working in the school system, only I'll be at home and getting paid for it. :)

*sigh

5 comments:

saintseester said...

That is a huge relief, I am sure. And, it will be nice to relax and enjoy the fall. I sure did last year!

azn8tive said...

Oh, yes! I intend on enjoying the fall, in between all the band stuff that will be going on since the boy is in SHS Marching band. I have a couple of home projects that I'd like to get done before Thanksgiving. :)

Big Pissy said...

This is exciting news!!!!

It will be nice for you to have the fall free with all the band stuff you'll be involved with. :)

and then twins to care for? How fun is that? :)

azn8tive said...

BP - Thanks!!! I really excited about this and I know it's a big relief for my girlfriend. She was stressing about having to put the babies in a daycare and a little light went off in my head (it does that sometimes). I mentioned it to her and she jumped at it!

The band stuff should be tons of fun. The boy has really grown up over the last year and I'm looking forward to seeing him march at football games. It's an added bonus for me, 'cuz then I get to go to the games.

Dejoni said...

Ahhh...unemployed and it feels so good! That's my new mantra too!