Sunday, July 22, 2007

It's nice to be home!

The family and I arrived home from our annual week at the beach last night. While it's always fun to get away, it's REALLY nice to come home. We weren't even sure if we were going to go this year b/c of some issues with the family members we go with. However, we managed to suck it up and have a nice time. The cottage we rented was much nicer than the one we had been in for the past 11 summers - although the stairs were a bitch, there were 3 flights to climb just to get from the beach to our bedroom. I turned it on it's head though - I was able to get a work out every time I went in/out of the cottage. :) The kids really enjoyed the cottage 'cuz it had a game room downstairs! The perfect place for them to unwind after a hard day of playing on the beach. The only bummer was that the water was way too rough all week for them to be out in it. We've never seen it that rough. Maybe next year the water will be calmer. Though, I didn't mind how rough the water was because I took my beach chair along with a good book and planted myself on the beach. I could easily become a beach bum. :)

BTW - what happened to the weather?! I was all prepared to get out of my nice air conditioned mom-mobile into sultry, steamy North Alabama. Mind you..I'm not complaining! Just pleasantly surprised. It was almost nice enough to shut off the a/c and open up the house. Have to love those summertime cold fronts.

2 comments:

saintseester said...

You got some spam flies, I see. Welcome home! Yes the weather has been incredible for July over the past couple of days.

azn8tive said...

Damn! Wasn't expecting that.

Thanks! Looking forward to seeing everyone Friday.