Friday, April 11, 2008

Severe weather

This afternoon we had severe weather roll through our neck of the woods. The powers that be were well aware of the fact that we could have severe weather today, however, they chose NOT to release students early when it was safe. Instead, we went under a tornado warning at 1:45 pm and had to remain at school until we received the all clear from said powers. In the meantime, we were inundated with parents coming to pick up their children and phone calls wondering if the children would be released on time. I hated having to tell the parents that no buses wouldn't be running until we were given the all clear or that they couldn't leave the building with their children because of the weather. It's very stressful! Thankfully, I didn't have any parents scream at me this time. I believe that would have sent me over the edge.

I'm exhausted. I'm going to get something to drink and put my feet up. I've earned my keep today!

1 comment:

saintseester said...

Yes, I know. It was rough this afternoon. I had to wait to get to school to get my kids because I did not want to sit in car line during a tornado.