Monday, July 7, 2008

Out of sync

I've been out of touch lately. Haven't felt like blogging. Since Grandma passed away, I've been on autopilot. I suppose it's my way of dealing with it - going through the motions, but not really there.

I flew out to Phoenix for her funeral. My Mom, Aunt and Uncle did a fantastic job with Grandma's service. I had never been to an open casket funeral and was quite surprised at how peaceful Grandma looked in her pink dress and pearls. My cousin and his wife played and sang Amazing Grace and How Great Thou Art. They did a beautiful job. The young man who conducted the service was really good. When he spoke, it was as though he was speaking to each of us individually. Very comforting!

All in all, it was a good trip. I was able to spend time with my brother and sister-in-law, my parents, aunts, uncles and cousins. Grandma is free of pain and is with Grandpa again in a much better place.

No comments: