Friday, July 25, 2008

Musings from the Garden (3)

I know, I know...I've been lax posting about my garden. I've been a little out of sorts for the last few weeks. So, I'm gonna make it up to you with a couple of pix this week.

This is the view from the front door. See...it's raining!
It poured both Tuesday and Wednesday afternoons. Boy, did we need the rain. Although, Tuesdays storms brought lots of damage to trees in our area, mostly Bradford pears. Thankfully, none of the downed trees did any damage to houses.

The rain did wonderful things for our yard and flowers. I love flowers - all kinds, including carnations, daylilies and roses. Needless to say, I've got some of each in my garden. My garden is a work in progress and probably always will be. I'm constantly adding new things and getting rid of things that don't work (that's for another post).

This spring, I added a red Double Knock-out Rose bush.

I'm not one to put up with finicky plants, that's why I never planted regular roses. I have heard wonderful things about this new variety of rose and decided to try one out. I am so thrilled that I did! It's gorgeous. I'm considering adding a couple more next spring.

Until next time, happy gardening!

2 comments:

Dejoni said...

Hey! I need to get your address to mail you the cookbook. Sometimes my email is funny, so if you've sent it...please send again. I'll let you know if I get it.
Thanks!

Big Pissy said...

I have a couple of knock out rose bushes. Love them!

:-)