Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Planning...

this coming spring's garden.

I'm so excited!!! I've requested several seed/plant catalogs, so that I can begin laying out what I want to plant this year. I made notes of what didn't work and what did. I'm thinking that I'll be using a lot of hearts & flowers and wandering jew in my pots, as these two plants can take the heat, humidity and a little neglect and still look gorgeous throughout the summer into fall.

I plan to take advantage of most nice (aka warmer) days this winter to get out to clean up and prep my flower beds. There are a couple of plants that I need to move because they didn't do well in the spot I planted them last spring. Oh well, live and learn.

I really need to look at incorporating some hardscapes into my yard. However, I really don't know where to begin. I love birdbaths and sculptures, but I'm not sure how to place them in the beds. I suppose that I need to do some more research.

Maybe this year, I'll do a better job of documenting my work and post them here.

No comments: