Monday, December 22, 2008

TSO - Amazing!

We took the kids to see Trans Siberian Orchestra in Nashville yesterday. I've always loved their music and have wanted to see them live for years. This is turned out to be my year. Woot!



About a month ago, I happened to be looking at their website and saw that they were playing in Nashville. Hubby and I thought it would be a great surprise for the kids. They didn't know that we were going until this past Friday. I managed to keep it a secret for a WHOLE month.

My daughter mentioned one morning on the way to school that she'd really like to see TSO in concert. I was so tickled because she didn't know that I'd already bought tickets. It took all my self-control not to tell her that we were going.

They thoroughly enjoyed the show. It was their first arena concert. They've been to Big Spring Jam many times, but we thought they'd really enjoy seeing a performance in this venue. We may just have to make this an annual event!

*Thanks to NomadSnaps for the clip. This was the same group of performers that we saw in Nashville.

6 comments:

saintseester said...

It was an outstanding show, wasn't it?

azn8tive said...

Yes, it was. How did L do with all the pyrotechnics?

saintseester said...

She was fine. She really got into the whole thing. We had earplugs for her, and she only used them for about half the show. She pooped out toward the end, though. I didn't expect it to be 3 hours!

azn8tive said...

I'm glad to hear that she enjoyed it. We didn't realize that it was going to be that long, either. It was well worth it, though.

Dejoni said...

I'm gonna have to google this since I have no idea....
The only thing I get to hear is Barney music.

azn8tive said...

Dejoni ~
Think of it as Christmas rock done with an orchestra. It's really cool!