Sunday, March 2, 2008

Movie, taxes and dinner

Today, the Girl and I went to see The Other Boleyn Girl. I have read the book and loved it. I went in knowing that books made into movies don't always translate well. This one seemed to follow the book, although it left out some crucial background information in my opinion. My mental image of King Henry definitely didn't match the movies image. This actor wasn't nearly as repulsive as I imagined him to be - thank goodness. Natalie Portman as Anne Boleyn was perfect - dark featured and petite. From now on whenever I read about Anne Boleyn, Natalie's face will appear. I'm not quite sure what to think of Scarlett Johansson as Mary Boleyn. She played the part well, but something wasn't quite right. It was an enjoyable movie overall and the Girl really enjoyed it.

The taxes are done and filed. Thank goodness. I'm much later than usual in filing them. The task is finished and I can relax until next year's tax season.

Now, it's off to fix dinner. I think we'll have burgers on the grill. Yum!

No comments: