Saturday, August 16, 2008

Doctor's appointments and such...

I took yesterday off to take care of some doctor's appointments. I did this last year and it worked out great. This year I managed to get in two doctor's appointments and the all-important hair appointment all before 2:00pm.

Now, I'm not one to talk about my physical appearance. Mainly because I'm very self-conscious about it. Anyway, I had a mammogram done yesterday. I'm blessed (or cursed) in the boob department and take great pains to minimize them (long story as to why). So when the mammography tech adjusted the girls on the machine and SMASHED them down, I thought to myself "damn, they're enormous and this hurts." Though, it's something I must do for my own peace of mind and it takes less than 10 minutes. Later, I was telling Hubby about it and asked him, "how in the world do the women who are petite in that area do it?" He didn't have a response. All I can say is, that I'd gladly share some of mine.

After finishing at the mammography center, I had enough time before my hair appointment to browse a store I haven't been in since we moved to the Rocket City. Lawren's is a really neat shop in the Medical District and I didn't have nearly enough time to see everything. Some of the stuff they have is more than I want to spend, but it's nice to get ideas. I did come home with a stainless steel scoop and a hand-held juicer.

Must remember to go back and shop for Christmas ideas/gifts. 'Cuz ya know it's coming up faster than we think.

7 comments:

Kristin said...

I'll have the answer to your question on Wednesday! Whoo-hoo

azn8tive said...

It's really not that bad. Just a nuisance.

Big Pissy said...

Please tell your husband that as a gal who is "petite in that area"....mammograms aren't fun.

The tech has to sort of (gently) pull and (gently) tug to get all they can between the two glass plates.

I had my mammogram on Thursday. ;-)

azn8tive said...

Pissy -

Hubby is very understanding when it comes to things like this. He's just grateful that he doesn't have to endure this kind of test.

I can only imagine how uncomfortable it was for you. I know it wasn't pleasant for me. Normally, the mammograms don't bother me, but this time the tech was a little rough.

The things we do to preserve our health. ;-)

saintseester said...

I hate the "slight" pinch. What? Slight?

Bo said...

I've never forgotten the first time a woman--a sweet, demure lady named Barbara with whom I used to work--explained a mammogram to me. Well, this part in particular:

"And when it's over, there's a woman standing to the side with a glass of water and two aspirin, and you just want to PUNCH HER!"

azn8tive said...

Bo - Yep! This time I did want to punch the tech - she hurt me.