Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Musings from the Garden...

Every year about this time, we have a visitor that comes calling at dusk.

The first time it happened, we were trying to figure out who was "doorbell ditching" - only the doorbell wasn't being rung. Someone or something was knocking on the sidelights at the front door. Very strange!

It took us a couple of nights to figure out that it was one of these.

We believe it's a female bullfrog, just trying to catch a meal. Apparently, there are some good eats at our front door. Who knew!

Anyway, last night I was checking for packages on the front porch when I spied her sitting on the sidewalk. I ran to get the camera and was going to sit on the top step to photograph her when she decided to jump at me. Screaming (don't know what I thought she was going to do to me), I jumped back and didn't get the picture. No worries, Hubby to the rescue! He "chased" her around the flower bed before being able to get her photograph.

Wonder what the neighbors where thinking - it was quite funny.

No comments: