Monday, August 18, 2008

Well...I did it *Updated*

Yep - I turned in my letter of resignation today. It's effective August 29th. Still waiting to see what will happen - on one hand, I hope that she'll find the money to bring me back up to 6 hours/day and on the other hand, it's okay if she doesn't.

*Had a meeting today (8/19) with my boss regarding my letter. She freaked out. She asked me to give it a little more time and, because I'm too nice for my own good (and that I REALLY like my job), I said that I would. It is her hope that there will be more money coming in the next few weeks/months. We'll wait and see about that. I, also, adjusted my hours so that I'm not twiddling my thumbs between the time I drop my kids off and when I have to be at work. That makes me much happier - felt stupid showing up at 8:00am when I really needed to be there at 7:15am.

6 comments:

saintseester said...

Oh! I thought you were going to wait a bit. Wow! Good for you though. They were not being up front with you.

azn8tive said...

Hubby & I talked at length (again) about it and I just decided to bite the bullet and see what happens.

Dejoni said...

Congratulations. Thinking of doing the same thing...Things will work out the way they are supposed too.

azn8tive said...

Thanks, Dejoni! When one door closes, another one opens. I hope everything works out well for you, too.

Kristin said...

Oh nooo! What am I going to do without you?! Hopefully, your boss with do the right thing.

Big Pissy said...

Good for you!

Hope things work out the way you want. :)