Monday, November 3, 2008

Football

This past Saturday, my daughter, C, was invited to the Alabama-Arkansas State game by her boyfriend, M, and his parents. Much to my amazement...she wanted to go, but not because it was a football game. ;) See - the girl is not a football fan. What's that you say?! Not a football fan? Nope...she's not. I find it hard to believe, as Hubby and I love football. But I digress...

She was able to spend the entire day with her boyfriend. He and his parents came to get her at 7:30am and returned her to us, safe and sound, at 11:00pm. C had a BLAST! She got to experience football at it's best - an undefeated team's homecoming game where they shut out their opponent 35-0. She said the half-time show was fantastic. The food was great, too - she had a blackened chicken sandwich and dippin' dots. She and M slept on the return trip and then had pizza at his house before he brought her home.

What has amazed me the most is that I didn't even think twice about her going to the game without me or her dad. I've met her boyfriend's parents and Hubby worked with M's mom - they're very nice. I suppose it I hadn't met them she wouldn't have gone.

Sigh...she's growing up way too fast. I'm thrilled to see her so happy. Her boyfriend is a very sweet, well-mannered young man.

No comments: