Friday, May 11, 2007

End of Year Craziness

I'm not sure why this happens, but it does... Every school year around May 1st, students begin to lose it! I'm talking about slacking off on assignments, misbehaving, and in general, being brats!!! As an example, yesterday our principal saw 5 students before 8:30am! Granted I know that actual teaching wanes toward the end of the year, but not enough to warrant students going berserk. Next week is going to be even worse - I have resigned myself to that fact - as the school will be having grade level field days, class parties and 5th Grade Graduation ceremony. The only saving grace for me is the day before school lets out my daughter will be graduating from the 8th grade so I will be spending the entire day with her and NOT at work!! Bwa ha ha!!!

Did I mention that there are only 7 days left 'til school is out for summer?!

3 comments:

saintseester said...

If it is any consolation, I lose it at the end of the year too.

Looking at twitter - a 3rd grader bit someone? Lord.

azn8tive said...

Yes, he bit another classmate. The student had only been at school for a 1/2 hour before being sent to the principal's office.

saintseester said...

Ooh. Hope things are better this week!