Monday, May 28, 2007

Gardening

Two more beds to prep and then I'm done for this year. Usually, all of my flower beds are done by the end of April. Not this year. :( The main reason for this is I went back to work and now all that I used to do during the day while everyone was away waits for me when I get home. Mind you - I am not complaining about going back to work 'cuz I wanted to do that. It's just been a little overwhelming to try to do everything else, too. Then, we were slapped with a major cold snap over Easter that zapped everything that was budding and leafing out. And to cap it all off, I came down with a nasty sinus infection. But I digress...

I spent all winter researching and planning my flower beds. I have a notebook full of ideas and I planned it all out on graph paper (yes, I'm a nerd). I decided that I would put in mostly flowering perennials and shrubs that provide some winter interest. I am preparing to put in the last two shrubs - Wine & Roses Weigelas - they are gorgeous. Now, I just need to decide what I'm going layer in front of them. Must go to the nursery tomorrow. My favorite past time flower/plant shopping!

My next project is to research the plants to put along the property lines to act as a natural fence. Yes, more plant shopping!

No comments: