Wednesday, May 23, 2007

One more day...

Well, tomorrow is my last day of work for the school year. While I'm really looking forward to my summer break, I'm a little sad about the year ending. Why you may ask? Well, our elementary school will be splitting to create another elementary school. We will be losing half of our teachers to the latest addition to the county system. It's exciting to see such growth in our community, but it's growing much faster than we can keep up with. Our schools (at least in our part of the county) are overcrowded and our road infrastructure needs to be seriously revamped. It's only going to get worse before it gets better. Beginning Summer 2008, our community will begin experiencing a major growth spurt due to the BRAC. Our area will receive an influx of new residents mostly from the East Coast. While this is a great thing for the economy (we're getting lots of really cool shops), it puts a real stress on our infrastructure. Let's just hope that we can meet the standards that the community has set for us in the eyes of the new residents. But I digress...the reason I'm sad is that I'm slow to adjust to change. Don't get me wrong - I'm really excited that my co-workers are getting the opportunity to be in a new school and set their rooms up just the way that they want them. I just hate to see them leave. On the other hand, next school year my job will be much easier 'cuz most of the annoying parents are going to the new school. Yessssss!

No comments: