Saturday, June 16, 2007

Duke

The prosecutor in the Duke lacrosse case has resigned his position as District Attorney. The disciplinary committee has agreed with the bar that his handling of the case was dishonest, fraudulent, deceitful and misrepresented. Now they must decide if Mr. Nifong should be disbarred for his actions.

Um...duh!

Yes, he should be disbarred. He made a royal mess of the case and put those players through hell. While I'm sure that those lacrosse players are no angels, no one deserves to be put through the ringer when the evidence points to their innocence. Don't get me started on the alleged victim.

If the committee decides to disbar Mr. Nifong, he will have plenty of time to think about what he's done. I'm betting that in the near future someone will approach him about writing a book on the whole thing.

2 comments:

Big Pissy said...

I read/heard about this too.

As a former employee of the local District Attorney's office (12 years), I find the entire situation shocking and very sad.

azn8tive said...

BP ~ I just don't get it. Was he that desperate to get a 'win' that he'd shun the process? It is very sad.