Saturday, June 16, 2007

Work

As most of you know, I work at a local elementary school as a receptionist. Actually, I'm the punching bag for all of the irate, difficult parents that come in and all I can do is smile. I must've been wearing my rose colored glasses too long 'cuz I don't remember people being such pains in the posterior. Good grief! But I digress...I wanted to tell y'all that I put in a letter of interest at the local high school.

Being the dutiful employee that I am (*snicker*), I went to my current boss, i.e. principal, to tell her that I had turned in a letter of interest. I thought that she was going to cry. Yes, I'm THAT good. ;) Jokingly (I think) she said that when the other principal calls, she's going to give me a horrible reference and tell him that I'm so terrible at what I do that she has to keep me. I'm not sure if I should be flattered or worried.

I have really enjoyed my job this past school year. However, I have a child moving up into the high school and I'd like to be around to keep an eye on her. No, I'm not an overbearing mom. I'm actually very hands off when it comes to dealing with my children's schools, unless there is a problem. I believe that they need to take responsibility for their actions and deal with the consequences. Anyway, D thinks it would be cool to have Mom working in the office. I guess she thinks that she can bum a ride to/from school, which is true since the bus comes by at 6:15 in the morning. Ugh!!!

No comments: