Thursday, June 7, 2007

Errands with children

OMG - can we say 'STRESSFUL'? That describes running errands with my children - D is 14 & S is 12. Growing up I was taught if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all. Mind you, I have repeated this mantra to my children. However, it doesn't seem to sink in.

D has just about pushed me over the brink with her hatefulness towards her younger brother. I had a younger brother who used to drive me crazy, but I don't remember ever trying to HURT him (mainly 'cuz he was bigger than me). She does everything possible to belittle him (publicly & privately) and hurt his feelings. S, on the other hand, is no angel. He does things to get her goat on a regular basis, but nothing that deserves the viciousness that she dishes out. Dad & I have told D time and again that one day she'll regret being so hateful toward him. I just hope that she starts to see the light before it's too late.

Sigh...how many days til school starts.

1 comment:

saintseester said...

Mine pick at each other too. And I was mean to my siblings too. They will drive me up the damn wall, and right when I think I am going to explode, here they come around the corner laughing together???