Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Interview

Today I had an interview at the 9th grade school. I think that it went really well, but one can never tell for sure. I always get very nervous - the kind of nervous that makes one sick to one's stomach. I don't know why - just do.

The principal is very personable. He made me feel right at home, which was nice. We talked about the position and its responsibilities. The position is very similar to my current job. He asked why I would want to make a lateral move. I told him that I want to be available to my children and this position affords me that flexibility, i.e. M-F 7:30-3p with summers off, etc. I couldn't really tell him that I was fed up with the politicking and cat-fighting in the office (not very professional). He seemed pleased with my answers.

On the upside of this, the principal did tell me that he had 40 people apply for the position and that he only interviewed 6. I told him that I was pleased to hear that I made the short list. Inside, my heart was jumping for joy - I MADE the short list!!! He said that I had two people highly recommend me. I don't know who they are, but I just want to say "Thank You!"

He said that he'll make his decision Friday. I hope to hear from him.

1 comment:

saintseester said...

keeping my fingers crossed for you...