Thursday, August 30, 2007

High School, followup

I was talking with a co-worker today and we were discussing the events that have occurred at the high school. My co-worker brought up a good point (although, it would've never occurred to me to do this) about the recent bomb threats, she said that the kids doing this are just looking to get out of class. Ummm...why not just skip school?! I'm not an advocate for skipping school. I personally think it's stupid, but given the choice between stupidity and jail time...I would choose stupidity. Nothing is worth spending time in jail for, in my opinion. I feel sorry for those students involved in these bomb threats. Apparently, there is no parental guidance at home.

Then again, a lot that is wrong with the schools and students in this country can be directly attributed to the lack of parental guidance at home. But that's a discussion for another post.

1 comment:

saintseester said...

Like I said, I remember bomb threats way back in the **cough** 70s, all it takes is 1 boob-head with no sense.