Sunday, August 5, 2007

It's HOT!!!

Good grief!!! It's hot!!! Every few summers, we here in North Alabama have Augusts where it's just unbearable to be outside for any length of time. It appears that this is going to be one of those Augusts.

Yes, I am from the desert. But I DO NOT like to sweat!!! It makes me feel yucky. I found out very quickly when I moved here that I really don't like to be outside when it's HOT and HUMID. We moved here in August of 1990 - the same year that Phoenix hit 122 degrees in June. I thought that I could handle any kind of heat. Ummm...I was wrong.

So, I'm relishing my air-conditioned house wishing I felt like going out to look at my flowers. But I DO NOT like to sweat. :) I know that the heat will only last a few more weeks and then it's on to my favorite season. FOOTBALL...ooops, I mean fall. :)

Take it easy out there and remember to drink LOTS of water! Soon we'll be complaining that it's TOO COLD. There's just no pleasing us. LOL!!!

No comments: